Sunday 5 February 2012

Once upon a Springtime

Here's an altered box I made inspired by the fairy boxes my sons girl friend used to make for the fairies at the bottom of her garden.... 

I took a wooden box and painted it with gesso and pink acrylic 


then I painted it around the edges and corners with old paper crackle paint 


  and then inked over the cracks with vintage photo distress ink 


When it was dry I started to cover the box with paper, and made the sections from card from a strip of card that fitted the inside width of the box 


then I inked the card with old paper distress ink, and stuck it down inside the box.  I finished off the sections with co ordinating paper 


then I decorated the top and inside of the lid with various fussy cuts, picture and borders from the signature sheet and a couple of co ordinating papers from the collection


and this is how it turned out 





No comments:

Post a Comment